This project is a brainchild of the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent De Paul. It was born out of their passion to intervene and alleviate the plight of vulnerable persons, particularly to provide care for the chronically ill persons on our roads and free them from perceived exploitation by their supposed
Our mission is to remove all Chronically ill persons from the street, giving them succor for a better tomorrow and reintegrating them to the society.
Our Vision is to have a well managed society free from Chronically ill persons loitering all over the place, saving our children and the general public from unnecessary trauma they pass through after such views
JOURNEY SO FAR
- Establishment of the Project Secretariat comprising of Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent De Paul, National Orientation Agency (NOA) and the Catholic Diocese of Port Harcourt on 12th
- Formation of Sub-Committees comprising of:
(i). Data & Registration,
(iii). Fund Raising
- Data Collection on the Chronically Ill persons.
- In search of
a temporaryaccommodation for the Chronically Ill Persons, the committee undertook a visit to Rivers State Rehabilitation Centre, Iriebe, ObioAkpor LGA.
- Advocacy visit to the Rivers State Deputy Governor – Her Excellency, Dr. Mrs. Ipalibo Harry Banigo.
- Advocacy visit to Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers
- Audience with the Commissioner of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation by the principal stakeholders – Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent De Paul, National Orientation Agency and Catholic Diocese of Port Harcourt.
- Courtesy call to the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese, Most Rev. Dr. Camillus Etukudoh (30/05/2017)
- Production and airing of TV and radio advocacy jingles
Openingof a Project Account
- Training on “Lobby and Advocacy” for members of the strategic Committee by the Netherlands Embassy in Nigeria – 9th
November,2016; Second Training Session on Lobby and Advocacy -12/05/2017; and Training on Development/Sustenance of Partnership In Respect of Fund Raising and its Management on 22nd June,2018.
- Drafting and presentation of a Bill on the Chronically Ill Persons to the Rivers State House of Assembly.
- Acquisition of temporary shelter (Hospice) for the Chronically ill Persons in Ahoada in Ahoada East LGA and audience with the Ahoada Council of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs.
- Renovation of the acquired shelter for the Chronically ill Persons at Ahoada East LGA.
- Medical assessment carried out for two Chronically ill Persons (2017)
- Advocacy visits to media houses and live interviews, 2nd – 9th May, 2018.
- One week registration and profiling of CIPs, 14th – 18th May, 2018
- Collation of feedbacks/interview of CIPs from referral hospitals, 11th June, 2018.
- Release of funds to some CIPs for further medical investigation and treatment, 2nd July, 2018
- Quarterly and annual evaluation of committee activities
- Draw Action Plan and annual budget proposal(s)
- Further field assessment of the Chronically Ill Persons on the roads
- Evacuation and assessment of the Chronically Ill Persons on the roads
Become a Volunteer Today
Your Donations Will be very Appreciated
AREAS OF INTERVENTION include Cash donations, Materials (equipment and machines), Treatment, Rehabilitation and Re-integration Land and/or building